måndag 10 februari 2014

Phoenician

Yes, yes, its an actual word.
"Phoenician - A native or resident of Phoenix, Arizona" - Wikipedia

The social differences between people in America and the Swedes are huge. I think we Swedes generally are a outgoing people, but we're not very good at showing it. It is something you dont really think of when you are in Sweden. Its not like people randomly start chatting you up, or ask how you are or how your day has been while shopping groceries in Sweden.
It felt kind of annyoing and weird at the beginning, people randomly asking you about stuff, but after a while you start to get used to it, and gets kinda nice.
 While I was doing a bit of research about Phoenix before I left Sweden, I came across several times that people in Phoenix are supposedly a very hospital and nice people, which seems to be correct. People just seem to be happy, you know? Kinda hard to explain, but I'm getting a really nice vibe from Phoenix, and I feel like I'm going to enjoy it here.



Telling people about Sweden here is hilarious. The general picture most teens seem to have about Sweden after you tell them that Sweden lies far up north in Europe is that we all ride to school and work on polar bears wearing our viking helmets, which to me is an awesome picture compared to the actual Sweden we live in.


And in a few days we are going to do a roadtrip to Las Vegas, which I'm really excited for, and I bet I'll have tons to write about the next time I'm blogging.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar