måndag 10 februari 2014

Im in America!

Oyeah, I'm here, I actually made it. Managed to get on the right plane and everything, quite proud of myself.

Flying over here was actually easier than I thought. Sure, there were a lot of people everywhere, and the airport in New York was huge, you actually had to go on a train in order to get to the right part of the airport, but there are signs everywhere, and service staff to ask almost everywhere, so as long as you know where you're going, you should be good.

So on top of getting to Arizona, I got to see New York aswell, which was nothing short of amazing. Its one of those places that you've seen in movies and pictures so many times. Am I going too far when I say that you might actually call it some kind of cultural capital of the world? Maybe I am, but being in the metropolis myself, I was floored. Its friggin' huge!

Anyways, my next stop was Phoenix, Arizona, and thats where im currently at.
Phoenix is a beautiful city with around 1 400 000 citizens. Phoenix is America's hottest densely populated city and has a subtropical desert climate. It is surrounded by beautiful mountains, and is somewhat of an oasis in the surrounding deserts.

I knew it was going to be hot, and I didnt think that the temperature would affect me very much, but holy shit.
Its a wonder that people dont just randomly start combusting.
I've always considered spontaneous combustion a myth, but yeah, we'll see if I make it back to Sweden without catching fire.
Right now its about 115 degrees Fahrenheit which is 46 degrees Celsius.
But hey, atleast its a dry heat, so its somewhat tolerable.

Meeting my family was amazing, everyone is so happy and it feels really good to see them again, and we've already planned a few road trips, which I'm looking forward to. Right now we're going to to do a bit of sight seeing, so I'll tell you guys more about the city, and the American people in my next entry.




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar